Dated: June 11, 2020
There are few key points about Just – You Cam privacy practices:
- The App is an image editor that allows users to edit images using filters and features based on neural network technology to remove unwanted objects.
- Due to the limited processing resources available on mobile devices, we use third-party cloud providers – specifically, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure – to process and edit photographs.
- The App only uploads to the cloud the photographs that you specifically select for editing.
- The company may use collected data to improve the functionality of the application and the user experience form solely in an anonymized form that does not allow us or anyone else to identify you in this photo or abuse it in a way that would affect your privacy rights.
- To allow user to request technical support to analyze the issues in the functionality of the App we store data about processing of the photo for 7 days. During this period, we might connect this data to the specific user only upon user request and after providing us key stored only locally on user`s device.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals located in the European Economic Area should also read our Notice to European Users below.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use the App, we may collect information about you, including:
- App usage information, such as information about how you use the App and interact with us, including your preferred language, the date and time when you first installed the App and the date and time you last used the App.
- Purchase history, if you choose to purchase an App subscription, such as confirmation that you are a paid subscriber to the App.
- Social media information, if you choose to login to the App via a third-party platform or social media network (for example, Facebook), or otherwise connect your account on the third-party platform or network to the App. We may collect information from that platform or network, such as your social media alias, first and last name, number of “friends” on the social media platform and, if depending on your Facebook or other network settings, a list of your friends or connections (though we do not use or store this information). Our collection and processing of the information we obtain from social media platforms is governed by the requirements these social media platforms impose on us in their relevant terms and conditions.
- Device data, such as your computer and mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device ID, Just- You CAM ID, push tokens, Google Advertising ID, Apple ID for Advertising, browser type, screen resolution, IP address (and the associated country in which you are located), the website you visited before visiting our Site; and other information about the device you are using to visit the App.
- Online activity data, such as information about your use of and actions on the App and the Sites, including pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and certain third parties (e.g., online advertising networks and their clients) also may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications. This information may be collected on our Site using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies. We may collect this information directly or through our use of third-party software development kits (“SDKs”). SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly from our App.
- Photographs you provide when you use the App or via your camera or camera roll (if you have granted us permission to access your camera or camera roll). We obtain only the specific images you chose to modify using the App. We encrypt the communication between your device and our servers using the SSL certificate. This means that no other external device may access these photos. We do not require, request or use any metadata attached to the photographs you upload but some metadata may be associated with your photographs by default.
- To improve the app, the company may also use data provided by app users, which may be further processed and used to improve the functionality of the application and the user experience solely in an anonymized form that does not allow us or anyone else to identify you in this photo or abuse it in a way that would affect your privacy rights.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We do not use the photographs you provide when you use the App for any reason other than to provide you with and improve the editing functionality of the App. We may use information other than photographs for the following purposes:
To operate and improve the App:
- Enable you to use the App’s features;
- Establish and maintain your account, if you choose to login to the App using your social media account;
- Communicate with you about the App, including by sending you announcements, updates, and security alerts, which we may send through a push notification, and responding to your requests, questions and feedback;
- Provide technical support and maintenance for the App; and
- Perform statistical analysis about use of the App (including through the use of Google Analytics)
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications via settings on your device.
To display advertisements to you. If you use the free version of the App, we work with advertising partners to display advertisements within the App. These advertisements are delivered by our advertising partners and may be targeted based on your use of the App or your activity elsewhere online. To learn more about your choices in connection with advertisements, please see the section below titled “Targeted online advertising.”
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or Appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not disclose user photographs to third parties (with the exception of encrypted upload of the image to our cloud providers Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure to provide the photo editing features of the App). We may share your non-photograph information in the following circumstances:
Advertising partners. When we use third-party cookies and other tracking tools, our advertising partners may collect information from your device to help us analyze use of the Site and the App, display advertisements on the App and advertise the Site and App (and related content) elsewhere online.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Compliance with Law
We may be required to use and share your personal information to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users. Users who are located within European Union can find additional information about their rights below.
Opt out of marketing communications and other push notifications that can be send through your device. You may opt out of this communication via settings on your mobile device.
Device permissions. You may revoke any permissions you previously granted to us, such as permission to access your camera or camera roll, through the settings on your mobile device.
Cloud processing. You may request that we remove all information connected to you from the cloud. You may request this activity via sending e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that we need you to provide us user id and password key stored locally on your device. Without this information we cannot identify, which data might be associated to you and deleted.
Cookies & Browser Web Storage. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Site may not work properly. Similarly, your browser settings may allow you to clear your browser web storage.
Targeted online advertising. Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on or through the Site or App may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising.
In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit our, or our partners’, ability to engage in ad tracking or targeted advertising using the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising associated with your mobile device.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the App to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to use the App by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Third-party platforms or social media networks. If you choose to connect to the App via a third-party platform or social media network, such as by using Facebook login, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party at the time you login to the App using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service. For example, you may access and change your settings through the Facebook settings page for Apps and Websites. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other Sites, Mobile Applications and Services
The App may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and online services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We use commercially reasonable security practices to help keep the information collected through the App secure and take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account (if you have an account with us). However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to App or guarantee that information on the App may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed, when you allow the access to the application by a third party.
Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login information and device identifiers, and for controlling access to communications between you and App, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to App make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
We store the information we collect in connection with the App on Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure Platforms. Your personal information may be accessed by our service providers in other locations outside of your state, province, or country. We are aligned with the Privacy Shield, as described below, for transfers of data from the EU and Switzerland to the United States and back.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
DODO Solution s.r.o. is the EU entity established in Slovakia, Europe and fully follow the Regulation Nr. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR) and related relevant local legislation.
DODO Solutions s.r.o. may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
DODO Solutions s.r.o.
Notice to European Users
The information provided in this “Notice to European Users” section applies only to individuals who reside in Europe.
Details regarding each processing purpose listed below are provided in the section above titled “How we use your personal information”.
|To operate and improve the App||Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of services in connection with the App, or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the App. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing the services you access and request in connection with the App.|
|To send you marketing and promotional communications|
To display advertisements to you
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data
|These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).|
|Compliance with Law||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|With your consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the App.|
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within the European Union, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to email@example.com or our postal address.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Our company has developed an internal document on the protection of personal data. Every employee and business partner is obliged to follow this document.